Official SMOD2D Developer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Official SMOD2D Developer Forum

We've moved FORUMS. Also, do remember that the MOD is dead but we're working on the REAL GAME NOW.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yorty's Casual Suggestions.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yorty

Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Well, I feel that SMOD could use a few additions and changes.

(Edit:) The knife should not increase your movement speed, and pistols should give you the speed of the SMGs.
Pretty much:
The knife, pistols, smgs, shotguns(?): Light.
Rifles, Shotguns(?), the scout: Medium.
You know what heavy is.

Weapon damage for all weapons is balanced. An example list: (Numbers in quotations is the damage if you wanted a high damage ratio game.)
TMP: 14. (17)
Mac 10: 15. (18)
MP5: 17. (20)
UMP45: 20. (24)
P90: 15. (18)

Famas: 22. (25)
M4A1: 22. (27)
AUG: Unchanged. (?)

Galil: 21. (24)
AK47: 22/24. (30)
SG552: Unchanged. (?)

AWP: 1x zoom damage increased to 100, maybe 75+ish.

M249: 18. (24)

Player sprites should be edited.

Now this is what I started working on in my lil' mod, but I gave up on. I went quite far though.

A Rank System.

A rank system that is used in many modern day shooters, Get XP, Rank up, unlock more Guns and Equipment.
This could be added into SMOD to give people a reason to want to play more, and also it could be made to encourage teamwork, such as: You get XP for handing out health or ammo. You get XP for Capturing points. You get XP for assisting in killing an enemy. You would also get XP for the obvious things like killing opponents. There could be Squad-Based bonuses as in Bad Company 2. I know its possible. It would also prevent people from having all M4A1s and AK47s as Assault, as you would have to unlock them first. A rank system like this may be unoriginal, but it that doesn't make it good. If this is even considered I'll go into more depth.

I'll edit this thread when I get more ideas.
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Project Administration Leader(your PAL)
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Yorty wrote:
The knife should not increase your movement speed, and pistols should give you the speed of the SMGs.
Pretty much:
A professional-sounding suggestion, unfortunately that would make high pingers sitting ducks as their reactions are late compared to the rest. Strafing would be a bitch for us.

Yorty wrote:
TMP: 14. (17)
Mac 10: 15. (18)
MP5: 17. (20)
UMP45: 20. (24)
P90: 15. (18)

Famas: 22. (25)
M4A1: 22. (27)
AUG: Unchanged. (?)

Galil: 21. (24)
AK47: 22/24. (30)
SG552: Unchanged. (?)

AWP: 1x zoom damage increased to 100, maybe 75+ish.

M249: 18. (24)
Some of those, yes. Some of them, won't be. I won't be telling which ones because I'm practicing my DC-ness on game development.

Yorty wrote:
A Rank System.

A rank system that is used in many modern day shooters, Get XP, Rank up, unlock more Guns and Equipment.
This could be added into SMOD to give people a reason to want to play more, and also it could be made to encourage teamwork, such as: You get XP for handing out health or ammo. You get XP for Capturing points. You get XP for assisting in killing an enemy. You would also get XP for the obvious things like killing opponents. There could be Squad-Based bonuses as in Bad Company 2. I know its possible. It would also prevent people from having all M4A1s and AK47s as Assault, as you would have to unlock them first. A rank system like this may be unoriginal, but it that doesn't make it good. If this is even considered I'll go into more depth.

Ok, but I think Adware's had it enough, especially with the Squad System. Get us a lua coder who could do this for us. Make sure he knows how to optimize the lua with the server and with AMX2D.
Back to top Go down
https://smod2d.forumotion.com
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Spyware wrote:

A professional-sounding suggestion, unfortunately that would make high pingers sitting ducks as their reactions are late compared to the rest. Strafing would be a bitch for us.
Though keeping it encourages a much more "counter-strike" playstyle, rather than something team based or "tactical."

Spyware wrote:

Some of those, yes. Some of them, won't be. I won't be telling which ones because I'm practicing my DC-ness on game development.
Okay. They were just numbers off the top of my head.

Spyware wrote:

Ok, but I think Adware's had it enough, especially with the Squad System. Get us a lua coder who could do this for us. Make sure he knows how to optimize the lua with the server and with AMX2D.
I'd love it, so I'll look for someone. I'd ask Blazingxx, but he has a project *cough* of his own. Eh, I asked him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Yorty wrote:

Though keeping it encourages a much more "counter-strike" playstyle, rather than something team based or "tactical."
Good point, but it'll turn the game to a WHO-SEES FIRST WINS. ESPECIALLY WITH HIGH PINGERS. I like the idea if lag compensation was added but it's a kick to the nuts of high pingers and we want them to be as equal as possible to the guys with lower ping.

Yorty wrote:

I'd love it, so I'll look for someone. I'd ask Blazingxx, but he has a project *cough* of his own. Eh, I asked him anyway.
Turn me on, dead man.
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Oh yes: Along with weapon damage changes, slightly nerf the grenade launcher. It still has the power of the original RPG.
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:46 am

RPG will probably be nerfed to 100 in which Kevlar would be your only protection from certain death. How's that sound..?
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Spyware wrote:
RPG will probably be nerfed to 100 in which Kevlar would be your only protection from certain death. How's that sound..?
Sounds swell, but 80+ish might be a good idea, to prevent people from whoring it. And increase the weight (Simple speedmod) of the SG552 and Aug, as they are support weapons, yet keep the assault rifle speed.
Oh yes, and:
Add some more custom sounds to the killstreaks! They just seem to be text and explosions. Maybe even a killstreak menu, as they seem unorganized and primitive.
Edit: And let recon buy all the sniper rifles.

------ DOUBLE POST -----

Double post... But, eh.
You know how UAV puts a red marker up top enemy's heads? Well squad mates should have a green marker or something.
I think killstreak kill requirements should be slightly lowered.
Bug: Say 9 people join the Cts. 4 in alpha squad, then 5 are forced into bravo squad. In my opinion there should be more squads, 3 at least, possible 5 or so.
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Yorty wrote:

Sounds swell, but 80+ish might be a good idea, to prevent people from whoring it.
90-100. take it or leave it. Laws of physics dictates noobtube effects are real.

Yorty wrote:
of the SG552 and Aug, as they are support weapons, yet keep the assault rifle speed.
In a 2D Game, that weapon is a crappy assault weapon. Really, it's much better to fire from cover and slowly move your gun in an arc like a real machine gun than going out and running like a fool.

Yorty wrote:
Add some more custom sounds to the killstreaks! They just seem to be text and explosions. Maybe even a killstreak menu, as they seem unorganized and primitive.
Sounds, yes. Not a menu. I think we've used up all the keys in the SMOD commands.

Yorty wrote:
Edit: And let recon buy all the sniper rifles.
Recons CAN do that.

Yorty wrote:
You know how UAV puts a red marker up top enemy's heads? Well squad mates should have a green marker or something.
Dude, that's impossible in lua for one side to view an image while the others couldn't.

Yorty wrote:
I think killstreak kill requirements should be slightly lowered.
UAV requires no work, so killstreak 5 is justified. Others may need changing.

Yorty wrote:
Say 9 people join the Cts. 4 in alpha squad, then 5 are forced into bravo squad. In my opinion there should be more squads, 3 at least, possible 5 or so.
There can only be 8 guys for each team. But in a special, super-fast server with no lag which has like 24 players allowable, I might add Zulu Squad.
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 am

Yorty wrote:

That may be true because of its scope, but its unscoped damage is pretty substantial. 24 in fact. I'd would've just liked to see something like one speed less.
M4 and or AK vs AUG and or SG552 head on. No scope. M4 and AK wins, hands down.

Yorty wrote:

More sounds for the AC130 or maybe artillery would be awesome. No menu? Sure, but maybe a little icon in the corner.
Reasonable since we don't have "DOUBLE KILL" "TRIPLE KILL" blocking the screen up all the time.

Yorty wrote:

Well, I heard that you couldn't.
Ever tried it yourself instead of hearing from second-hand witnesses?

Yorty wrote:

I though DC added a new image mode. I'm pretty sure he did SOMETHING of the sort.
Source for 0117 plzkthx.

Yorty wrote:

Does it actually not let you join the team? I tried it with bots. I'd have a total of four squads, say someone only wants to have a two man team, and not be forced into play with some randoms.
We couldn't finish the squad system on time so your complaints are understandable. Rest assured we will fix it and it is one of our highest priorities.

Yorty wrote:

Oh yah, and: If you WERE to have a rank system, It'd be actually pretty interesting to have unlocked weapons not bought, but just chosen at spawn/(Classes or like in BC2.) Since money wouldn't matter, you could do some interesting things like: Have the FAMAS be the highest assault unlock, and give it 25+ damage or so. It'd still have the drawback of a small clip, so some people would still use the M4 and such, thanks to it's silencer. And I dont see why the FAMAS HAD to be weaker than the M4 since it cost less... It's so painfully easy to get money, it doesn't really matter. I'm stating this because this was the way in my mod, and I liked it. You chose your Primary weapon, secondary weapon, "Equipment" (Frag, flash, NV, One mine, etc.), and I actually had working perks, but it was a bad idea. Maybe on spawn a menu opens, (You can close it and spawn with your last spawns equipment), and from there you choose everything. Thats what I did, and I would give you the script if you wanted it, but it was buggy and poorly optimized.
Alright, but we do this OUR WAY. Not yours. We want balance here... Why, just now a player commented on how even though he was server, there was balance on 478 ping(me) versus him. Of course he did get a higher ratio because we had some bots in game lol... Noobtubes are funny.
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Aw shit, instead of clicking REPLY. I clicked edit. Motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Spyware wrote:

M4 and or AK vs AUG and or SG552 head on. No scope. M4 and AK wins, hands down.
I dunno, just wanted to post some balance ideas.

Spyware wrote:

Reasonable since we don't have "DOUBLE KILL" "TRIPLE KILL" blocking the screen up all the time.
Yeah, and maybe remove "Thank you for using Adware's AC130." It may be "cute," but unprofessional.

Spyware wrote:

Ever tried it yourself instead of hearing from second-hand witnesses?
I was lazy. I had already found out you could by the time you had answered.

Spyware wrote:

Source for 0117 plzkthx.
Eh, I guess thats just for one player. It was just a little thought.

Spyware wrote:

We couldn't finish the squad system on time so your complaints are understandable. Rest assured we will fix it and it is one of our highest priorities.
What of more squads?

Spyware wrote:

Alright, but we do this OUR WAY. Not yours. We want balance here... Why, just now a player commented on how even though he was server, there was balance on 478 ping(me) versus him. Of course he did get a higher ratio because we had some bots in game lol... Noobtubes are funny.
It's a SUGGESTION, not a demand. Not like I'm putting a gun to your head and shouting DO IT NOAW.
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Yorty wrote:

Yeah, and maybe remove "Thank you for using Adware's AC130." It may be "cute," but unprofessional.
lol, you should've seen "You've got some syntax error or some shit'".

Yorty wrote:

What of more squads?
Zulu will be added. Charlie is too obvious and Delta is cliche.

\Yorty wrote:

It's a SUGGESTION, not a demand. Not like I'm putting a gun to your head and shouting DO IT NOAW.
nu, Stalin... nuuuuuuuuuuu
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Spyware wrote:

lol, you should've seen "You've got some syntax error or some shit'".
I did.

Spyware wrote:

Zulu will be added. Charlie is too obvious and Delta is cliche.
No fourth? Oh well.

Spyware wrote:

nu, Stalin... nuuuuuuuuuuu
Well, if you DID do a rank system, how would you do it?
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Yorty wrote:

Well, if you DID do a rank system, how would you do it?
Complete reorganization of given equipment and thoroughly checked level balancing. CS2D does not have varying weapons except the SMGs and snipers.
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Spyware wrote:

Complete reorganization of given equipment and thoroughly checked level balancing. CS2D does not have varying weapons except the SMGs and snipers.
Like the... *Cough* FAMAS and... *Cough* Galil?
More detail plz.
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:43 pm

What do you expect? Both sides to have the same weapons because they're of the same level? The AK47 isn't issued both by the United States Army or the Armed Forces of Turkey.
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Spyware wrote:
What do you expect? Both sides to have the same weapons because they're of the same level? The AK47 isn't issued both by the United States Army or the Armed Forces of Turkey.
I know, you could still have team-based weapons. But thats the minority of the weapons. Anyways, I'm making a DC sized weapon...
Also, that's not what I was really asking...
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:37 am

We can either put the weapon damages on lua or the autoexc. Putting it on lua would mean that it would be part of the SMOD:2D feature but the autoexc would maybe mean... less milliseconds of lag.
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:41 am

Spyware wrote:
We can either put the weapon damages on lua or the autoexc. Putting it on lua would mean that it would be part of the SMOD:2D feature but the autoexc would maybe mean... less milliseconds of lag.
I would do it in Lua, but it doesn't really matter.

Edit:
About the killstreaks: Remove the "Thanks for using Adware's AC130" and "Whoa, theres a cooldown (Or whatever it is)" messages for the AC130. Add a slight delay for artillery, and possible increase its radius/duration. Add more sounds: Launching the artillery, right before the delay, and some sort of "Artillery firing!" sound (Battlefield 2 has good ones for both.) Something for the AC130... (Make the actual explosion LOOK bigger?) Sounds as it fires down to the ground (I love the sound of the 105mm firing down in MW2.)
Also, a better way of getting coordinates...
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:05 am

Ok, just make a summarized list of things you want us to add because it's a pain having us to read through them all.
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Spyware wrote:
Ok, just make a summarized list of things you want us to add because it's a pain having us to read through them all.
Ugh.
-Rank system. Preferably with new ranks, new equipment is unlocked. You select your equipment on spawn.
-Rebalancing of all guns. (Specifically, the SMGs, Galil, Famas, and Grenade Launcher.)
-New killstreak sounds, especially the ones I listed (Again, Battlefield 2 has good arty ones). Possibly a little icon in the corner for ones you have.
-Remove the fail messages related with killstreaks and other shit... Like SYNTAX ERRORS.
-Reduce the speed of the knife to at least the pistol. (1 speed less or so...)
-Add another squad or two.
-Reduce higher up killstreak requirements.
-Erm, I think I might have had something else.

Remember, these are REQUESTS and SUGGESTIONS.

Edit: Oh yah, and in the end make sure the Galil, Famas, AK47, and M4A1's skins have M203's. Maybe if You're assault and you don't use one of those guns, like instead you use a SMG or shotgun, you don't get the M203. You could receive some special grenade instead? (such as when you use all class weapons on assault in Bad Company 2 you get C4.)

Edit again: About little icons above your squad members... Theres an image mode for just one person to see it, you could do that individually for each squad member.

-And fix the bomb pickup bug...
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:51 pm

I REPLIED. OK... NOW LEAVE ME ALOEN... D:
Back to top Go down
Yorty

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Spyware wrote:
I REPLIED. OK... NOW LEAVE ME ALOEN... D:
A REAL REPLY. D:{
Back to top Go down
Spyware
Spyware

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Yes, dear. We'll get on to it, now just please give us some time to ACTUALLY WORK ON IT.
Back to top Go down
Mango

Mango

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Yorty wrote:
-Reduce the speed of the knife to at least the pistol. (1 speed less or so...)
WUT
WUT???
WUT??????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yorty's Casual Suggestions.   Yorty's Casual Suggestions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorty's Casual Suggestions.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next